Who are our members?
Our organization revolves around PISD students who raise agricultural project animals for participation in the annual Collin County Jr. Livestock Show's Premium Sale. The majority of our members are those students, their families and the PISD teachers that supervise the livestock projects. Membership is also open to anyone committed to our overall mission: Advancing agricultural education within PISD.
Benefits of Membership
- Financial - Proceeds from fundraising efforts are used to bid on the project animals raised by student members who "make sale" at the annual Collin County Jr. Livestock Show's Premium Sale. This helps the students who place high in the judging process recoup some of their expenses from the project itself.
- Social - Unlike school-based organizations, Friends and Family of Plano FFA crosses district boundaries and allows parents and students from all three PISD clusters to expand their agricultural education support system beyond their own cluster.
- Educational - Our annual Rewarding Rings Roundup Livestock Show provides student members with the opportunity to learn about the "behind the scenes" activities involved in livestock show production.
- Developmental - We provide volunteer opportunities for student and parent members, who are critical to the success of the organization.
In order to be eligible for Premium Sale proceeds or other recognition, the Friends and Family bylaws require members to meet specific requirements, designed to ensure that only truly engaged members reap the financial benefits of membership. These requirements include:
- Maintaining membership in good standing in their school FFA program
- Maintain either Student or Family membership in good standing in Friends and Family of Plano FFA
- Completing the Friends and Family of Plano FFA membership application process and paying membership dues by the official deadline each year (typically on or before November 1st)
- Supporting the organization's fundraising efforts through student volunteer service and/or substantial financial commitment
Individual Student Membership
- Open to PISD students raising project livestock for exhibition
- $25 Annual membership dues
- Student must be present to vote on membership issues
- Open to families with one or more PISD students raising project livestock for exhibition
- Includes multiple students in same family
- Provides opportunity for non-student family members to satisfy participation requirements on behalf of the exhibiting student
- $35 Annual membership dues
- One family member must be present to vote on membership issues (one vote per family)
Individual Friend Membership
- Open to anyone committed to advancing agricultural education within PISD
- $25 Annual membership dues
- Member must be present to vote on membership issues
- Can be used to increase number of membership votes available to a member family
- Open to PISD Agriculture Science teachers
- Annual membership dues waived
- Teacher must be present to vote on membership issues